Doing Something Out Of The Ordinary For God
"Grow the Kingdom and encourage those we often don't think of"
There are so many areas with so many needs. Here's help getting started with ideas on how God may work through you.
- Send a Thank you card to your child's Sunday School teacher. Let them know how their work has been used by God.
- Express your appreciation to the worship leader. Most of their work is unseen.
- Show support and appreciation to your pastors wife. Give her a gift card to get her nails done. Invite her to lunch. Send her a note letting her know you prayed for her today. Buy a movie and package of popcorn so the pastors family may be together and enjoy a movie night.
- Compile a list of local shut ins. Send each of them a card with encouraging words and scripture.
- Organize a pastor appreciation day. Include flowers or a dinner card to support his spouse in her role in the church fellowship.
- Produce a list of the college students and their addresses so care packages with snacks, etc. may be sent.
- Track those who are missing from Sunday service for more than two consecutive weeks. Check in with them. Church is more than Sunday morning. At times trials and tragedies aren't supported because no one showed they care.
- Acknowledge the people who lead the children's music. Send cards to show your appreciation. This is another hard and unappreciated job.
- Support the youth of your church through prayer, initiating conversations and assisting in organizing a evening for youth group. Tattoos and clothing today's teens wear doesn't separate them with God's love. Your actions is the witness that will impact their lives.
Contributed By: Ron Piggott
Return to the Devotions Index