Preparing For The Rapture
Revelations 22:6-7 "Behold I am coming soon. Blessed is he who keeps the words of the prophecy in this book."
Are you saved? Are you sharing the hope and faith you have found in Jesus? He is coming back as He promised. One day each of us will stand before Him to give an account of our life, the choices we made and how we responded to our faith.
1. Submission to do works as part of our faith (but which don't save us - but we will want to do them if we are truly saved) is commanded.
How could you not want your friends to join you in Heaven? With submission there is loyalty and love.
- Psalm 31:23a "Love the Lord; all his saints! The Lord preserves the faithful." (NASB)
- Mark 12:30 "Love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your mind and with all your strength." (NASB)
If we did this we wouldn't have time to listen to rumours, or think what we ought not to. etc. This will help us be the role model we talked about a few days ago that can help lead a person to want what we have.
2. Being mindful of who you worship
- Revelation 22:8-9 "I, John, am the one who heard and saw these things. And when I had heard and seen these things, I fell to the ground to worship at the feet of the angel who had been showing them to me. But he said to me, "Do not do it! I am a fellow servant with you and your brothers the prophets and of all who keep the words of this book. Worship God!" (NASB)
John falling down on his knees was the right perspective. However worshipping the Angel (the messenger) was wrong. A lesson to be learned from this is to guard yourself from idols.
3. Faithful service
- Revelation 22:12 "Behold I am coming soon! My reward is with me, and I will give to everyone according to what he has done." (NASB)
Want a better reason for service to the Almighty?
- Deuteronomy 10:12 "And now, Oh Israel, what does the Lord your God ask of you but to fear the Lord God, to walk in all his ways, to love him, to serve the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul..." (NASB)
4. Serve with joy and gladness
- See: Psalm 100
It's almost like God saying He wants life to be one big party (with the steps we take to share Jesus gift of salvation) so others may party too. Worship, sing joyfully and take comfort that we are His. With thanksgiving and praising let your love for the Lord and His faithfulness shine forever. He is faithful. We may depend on Him.
5. Be enthusiastic and Work hard. Don't be lazy in sharing your love for Jesus.
- Romans 12:11 "Never be lacking in zeal, but keep your spiritual fervour, serving the Lord." (NASB)
6. He tells us to share.
- Revelations 22:10 "... Do not to seal up the prophesy of this book because the time is near." (NASB)
Share your faith
- Out of necessity
- It's truth: Revelation 22:6 "These words are trustworthy and true"
- It's accessible to others
Make an impact and get the message out!
Created By Julie Robinson
Return to the Sunday School Lesson Outlines Index